Missed periods, trying to conceive, took Regestrone to postpone periods, pregnancy test positive. False positive?

Hi I had my last period on 11th Oct 2012. After that I had unprotected sex (28th, 29th Oct and 1st Nov) since we are trying to conceive. From 13th nov to about 17th Nov I had a pill of Regestrone 5mg (one daily) in order to pospone my period since I was travelling. But I haven t got my periods still. ANd I did a preg test(home) today and it said Pregnant. I want to know whether can it be a false positive and plus can those many pills affect the baby if I am pregnant.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Thanks for your query,

There are high chances of yours to be pregnant because pregnancy test checks hcg. Further confirmation may be done by a scan. Regestrone dont causes false positive.
Regestrone is a category X drug . Studies in animals or human beings have demonstrated foetal abnormalities. The drug is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant.
I suggest you to meet a OBG doctor soon for further management.
Take care and best of luck..