Missed periods since months, sudden onset of spotting, heavy flow with clots, light the other day, blood only on wiping. What could be going on?

I didn t have a period since this past April, suddenly on the first of August I got some blood . There was spotting, brownish color blood to light spotting off and on then heavy flows. There was also LOTS of clotting, golf ball sized clots, excessive bleeding some days. Then other days nothing on the napkin but clots in the toilet and when I wipe. No bleeding but still getting lots of blood when I wipe. And now today I am still bleeding and when there is no blood there are still clots. This makes it a little more than one month of bleeding... What is going on? What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012