Missed periods over months, not pregnant, lower back pain over hip area, transabdominal US done. Should I go for MRI or CT?

I m 42, have not had a period in over 3 months, not pregnant, low progesterone level, all other hormone tests normal. Left low back pain , almost around my hip/buttock area. Transabdominal US showed a left 8.2x8.1x 7.3 cm adnexal hypoechoic structure. Endometrial thickness 12mm- is that thick? and each ovary on the endovaginal US had smaller 2.8x2.9x1.3 cm cysts . I had a repeat US but results not back and they only did the transabdominal not the endovaginal US again. Also curious if having pelvic free fluid is normal? What area is the adnexal? Mother positive for breast and colon cancer and father pos for kidney cancer . What is difference between structure and not mass? Wondering if I should have an CT or MRI to r/o anything bad. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  30 Awaiting Answer