Missed periods, no Gsac found, urine test positive. Dr. advised Beta HCG test to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Chances and risks ?

Hi, My LMP was 16th july 2012.My doc was unable to find Gsac till yesterday which was 23rd Aug 2012 with Transvaginal test.She advised me Beta HCG Test to rule out Ectopic Pregnancy .The Urine pregnancy test was positive but the T line was light pink.i am been told to visit on 27th aug 2012 and be careful till that time.How will this test help?and what if it is not Ectopic Pregancy and still G-sac is not formed?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012