Missed periods, negative OTC pregnancy tests, dark brown light discharge, have lots of stress. Is it due to stress?

I have not had a period since January 15th, and have taken multiple OTC pregnancy tests , all of which have come back negative. I have a history of irregular periods but not this far apart normally. I have not had sex since the last week in February with my boyfriend of 4 years, although it was not protected sex. Earlier this week I noticed I m starting to get a dark brown, very light discharge . I am not sure if this is my period or just discharge. I am afraid I might be pregnant , and am also afraid of what else could be causing the problem. I have been under a lot of pressure and stress lately and do feel it in my body. Is there any way this is all just stress related? Or what other condition could be causing my problems?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Thanks for writing in.
The light brownish discharge could be either your period or a threatened/incomplete abortion. I would suggest that for starters, we repeat a Urine pregnancy test and do a beta hCG level. This will conclusively help us rule out a pregnancy ( A normal/ectopic and a molar pregnancy would be ruled out). Once we have ruled out pregnancy, I would want you to do an ultrasound of the pelvic region so that we can have a look at the uterus and the ovaries and rule out conditions like polycystic ovarian disease ( which are known to cause irregular periods).
Stress can lead to a few irregular cycles but it is unlikely that it is totally responsible for your symptoms.
In all probability, there is some kind of hormonal disturbance which is causing your symptoms. Please see a physician and get the requisite tests done.
Hope this helps.
Try to contact with good Gyno. Homeopathy may helpful if you will do some pregnancy tests. If it is negative, you can proceed for homeopathy. Good Luck!.