Missed periods, having brown discharge with metallic smell, moderate cramping, intense body and head ache. Had undergone intense stress. Worrisome?

Hi, my period has been exactly a month late. I started having brown discharge today and moderate cramping on the lower abdominal area so I thought it finally came but the discharge had a weird metal-like smell to it though and that s never happened. I have been having bad headaches and body aches. I figured I was stressing too much. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
The reasons for the irregular periods, and the dark discharge may be the anemia and the infection.
I advise you to consult a gynecologist for diagnosis and treatment.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms fluconazole,cifixime,ornidazole,and hematinics.
Take more of green leafy vegetables,pulses,sprouts, and protein rich foods to have good health and resistance.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.