Missed periods, had taken Susten 100, folic acid tablets. What is its function?

Hi Doc..It s been 1yr since I am married..After six months I got conceived but due to unknown reasons got aborted.I underwent a surgical procedure for cleaning (ie D and C).In due course time my Dr.refered me with the folic acid tablet,after taking the tablet as my intake my period cycles are now postponded.As far as now my last LMP was June 9th 2012 and till now my cycle did not repeat and my Dr prescribed me with Susten 100.... Could you pls help me in explaining the reason and the purpose of both Folic acid tablet and Susten 100...
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012