Missed periods for 2 months. Pregnancy test negative. Any help by taking regestrone and its side effects?

hi, i missed my period from 2 months. my last period is on 30th March. as per cycle it should come on 30th April to 10th May as my period are irregular.but now its 16th June but still my periods are not started. Just to clear my doubt about pregnancy i done 3 self pregnancy tests and also blood test in hospital but all the results are negative, that i am not pregnant. so my friend who is doctor suggest me to take dose of regestrone for 5 day ( 1 tablet per day). i need to know, is it will work?? and is there any side effects of taking regestrone?? or u can suggest any other option ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012