Missed periods cycle. Ultrasound detected ovarian cyst, prolonged periods cycle. Causes?

For threee months, I didn t have my period. I went to the gyn and she took a lot of tests and said that there is nothing wrong with me. Then in December, I got an ultra sound and they said that I had a very small cyst on one of my ovaries (smaller than 5cm). She said it shouldn t be a problem but they just wanted to check back with me in February to make sure its going down. In January, my period started and has been going on for 3 weeks. What do you think is going on?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013