Missed periods after taking i-pill, negative HPT, ultrasound done, prescribed cyclonorm P and E. Right medications?

After having taken i- pill i have missed my periods for two and a half months. However the home pregnancy test shows negative. I went to my gynae and after doing ultrasound test,she prescribed me cyclonorm P( Norethisterone 5mg)and cyclonorm E (Ethinylestrdiol .01mg) twice daily for three days. She said i ll get my period in around 10 days time. But now when i see and read about these drugs i find they are used for delaying periods. I m completely confused.Please help.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012