Missed periods. Taking cycloreg tablets, still no periods. History of irregular periods. Cure?

hi doc, I did not get periods for two months and back in XXXXX my mother consulted a gynaecologist and told my problem.She adviced me to take Cycloreg tablets three time each for three days.After having that for three days, i still did not get my periods.Its been five days the medicine has finished.Earlier also i had this problem of irregular periods and got myself treated in XXXX.The treatment lasted for 6 months.Please advice
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
You are suffering from polycystic ovarian disease of pcod.this condition is characterised by delayed periods,obesity and hirsuitism.pcod cannot be completely cured with any kind of medication.the effective treatment fof patients of pcod is oral contraceptiives or birth control pills.these pills contain low dose hormones and need to be taken for 21 consecutivd nights,at the samd time beginning from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle.these pills help to regularise menstrual flow till the time they are taken.
Medicines like cycloreg contain high doses of hormones and should not be taken frequently.
You can take the birth control pills for as long as you want but you will have to discontinue them when trying for pregnancy.
Patients of pcod might have some difficulty in conception.some patients conceive on their own,others might require help in the form of medicines.