Missed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Took duphaston and primolut and started periods. Missed primolut. Should start duphaston?

Hi, I am 37 years old and I missed my periods again. I have done 3 tests, all negative. My doc prrescribed me Duphaston and Primolute I got my periods last month but unfortunately I did not start Primolute which I suppossed to take after 7 days of my period. should I start Duphaston course again. Please give me answer
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You can take the Duphaston course again and stopping it will result in menses.
But ideally these medicines should be taken in consult with a local clinician because they can cause unforeseen serious adverse reactions.
These medicines are sex hormones and affect the rhythm of natural hormones and hence affect the natural schedule of menses.
They should be avoided if not utterly necessary.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!