Missed periods, PCOS, not pregnant. Prescribed charlize, diamet. Safe to take?

Hi I was diagnosed with pcos and I haven t had my period for almost 3 months. I m definitely not pregnant. I still don t have my period now.Is it ok if I take birth control pills? Brand name is Charlize ( Ethinyl Estradiol Levonorgestrel ) together with Diamet( Metformin )? Am I allowed to take BCP even if I haven t had my period?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
You are heading towards right treatment.
Birth control pills help in regularisation of your menstrual periods.
METFORMIN helps in decreasing your insulin resistance.
Other most important part of treatment involves reduction of your weight by calorie reduction and regular aerobic exercises.
Even a 10% reduction of weight results in regularisation of your periods.
Keep following the advise of your doctor regularly.
With patience and regular medications,you shall get pregnant sooner or later.