Missed periods. On primolut N medication. Vaginal scan, blood test done again, shows pregnancy. Will medication harm my child?

I missed my period for about 9months so i went to see an OB Gyne. She did the ultrasound and blood test and the results were negative. she prescribed me to take primolut nor 10mg once a day for 5 days and asked to wait for a week to get my period. 1 week had passed and i still didn t get my period so i see the OB Gyne again. She did the vaginal scan and blood test and came out im pregnant! My question now is, would that primolut nor bad for the baby? What are the bad effects as im really worried for my health and the baby?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Hi Lalen,

I understand your worry. Primolut N is clearly contraindicated in pregnancy. It was prescribed to you even before you were diagnosed to be pregnant and it was a onetime prescription.

I do not think it should worry about it. I do not also think it has caused any problem to your baby. It is schedule X drug and is contraindicated in women who are or may be pregnant.

To rule out any effects on your baby, get an ultrasound scan done.

Hope this helps.