Missed periods. Not getting them even after taking Mensovit capsules. Reason?

good afternoon sir................. my period date was 27th december and i didnt get and iam not sure about my pregnancy. even i am not pregnant i should get periods when i used tablets i have used 3 mensovit plus capsules and i didnt get my periods. Again iam using now the same mensovit capsules.... whether they work causing periods or not. please suggest me
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully gone through your query, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.

1)First of all do not panic.

2)In a woman with regular cycles, day 10 to 20 of the cycle is the most fertile period of the cycle. If you had unprotected sex activity in this period, then you have risk of getting pregnant.
If you have missed your periods, I will suggest getting morning’s first sample of urine tested for pregnancy.
Even if she is pregnant, you can opt for termination with medicines safely till 9 weeks of pregnancy under expert medical supervision.

3) If urine test is negative, then you can simply wait for onset of periods or induce your menses with tab REGESTRONE 5mg 2 times a day for 5 days. Menses start 3 to 10 days after finishing the tablets.

I hope my answer helps you.
Wish you great health.
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar