Missed periods, HPT positive. Having lower abdominal pain. Is it normal ?

Hi Doctor, I had my last period on October 1,12 and to-day I did an home pregnancy test . it shows positive. But I have also a lower abdominal pain for last 5-days which is intensified at night rather than day-time. This pain appears to me ( before the pregnancy test) as a normal menstruation pain as I always experienced in my previous periods. Now as this pregnancy test becomes positive and this pain is persisting too. Is it normal? it is my first pregnancy . My age is 28 years. expecting your kind suggestion..
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012