Missed period with pregnancy symptoms but negative HPT. Can it be ectopic pregnancy ?

Hi my sister has been having pregnancy symptoms for the past 2 weeks: vomiting, nausea , sore breast, fatigue, mood swings, and she was post to start her period this past Sunday but hasn t. She has took pregnancy test and one came back positive with a very faint line and the rest are negative, she has went to the doctor and they have done test but the are neg. too the doctor sent her to get an X-ray but they didn t say anything about her being pregnant or seeing anything is it possible that she might have an ectopic pregnancy and it not show on the X-ray?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011