Missed period, prescribed regestrone tablets. Are these safe?

Hello Doctor, I m 25 yrs old, unmarried. My last period was on Nov 2nd,2012 and it didnt get my next period till today (25th Jan, 2013). This is the first time I missed my periods, maximum delay in periods time would be some 10-15 days, that too sometimes. I ve gone for a consultation and the Gyneic has given me regestrone tablets (8 tablets: 2-2-2). I would like to know whether its safe to take that tablets and whether it has any side effects. Please help me out and suggest me what I should do now?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013