Missed period, no periods since july, negative pregnancy test, had period like symptoms, no bleeding. Could the test be wrong?

Hi i have a question regarding missed period?i last got my period 27th july, lasting to 30th july. my cycle is every 5 weeks. I havent had a period since that date. I took a pregnancy test 3 wks after period being late and it was negative. The week before period was due i was getting cramps etc, it felt like period was coming but it never came. I am just wondering if the test could perhaps be wrong or if there is something more serious at play here?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012