Missed period, negative test, spotting present. What these symptoms suggest ?

i have missed my period for 4 days now, i tried getting a test but i did the test last night. i found out it was negative. and what confuses me is that im experiencing brown spotting for 3 days already within the week im expecting to menstruate. will i have the test be done in the morning again?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Ana!
Welcome to healthcaremagicom.wait for atleast 10 days if you still donot get periods and retest .
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
pregnancy test may even be positive before you missed period if you are pregnant
do a test with morning sample of urine
negative test may occur in case of blighted ovum or if there was no pregnancy at all
consult gynaecologist and get checked
hope your problem will be solved with proper diagnosis and treatment