Missed period, negative pregnancy test, unusual discharge with light spotting, sexually active. What could causing this?

Hi I am an 18 year old sexually active female and my menstrual cycle is almost a month late. I took a pregnancy last week and it came out negative. I have been experiencing unusual discharge for the past couple of weeks with a little spotting. Discharge started off colorless and very watery then it started to be thick and have a brownish color. I have been spotting more so I thought that my period had started. But now, no blood . Instead I have this weird brown fibrous discharge. I have no idea what is wrong.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012