Missed period, have brownish discharge, do not have PCOS, no pregnancy or PMS symptoms. What is the cause?

Hi there, Im 23yrs old and have been to a Dr about this before. I haven t had my period since october 2011 and I am not pregnant, do not have polycystic ovarian syndrome or any other obvious reasons for missing my periods. My partner and I are trying for a baby for just over a year now though, and yesterday afternoon i noticed i had a brownish discharge which has continued on this morning but no period has eventuated, nor any of the usual period pain that I usually have when I get my period... Should I do a pregnancy test or wait a few more days to see if I get my period?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012