Missed period, had unprotected sex during safe period. Pregnancy possibility?

Hi Doc, i had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend last month of 11/18/12 which i m very sure of, but she claimed it was 11/11/12. before intercourse she stopped ovulating 5 days prior to the said date. Either way, she was in her safe period, she now say s she hadn t had her period which should be due today 12/9/12, i would like to know if it s possible she may be pregnant? thanks. From John.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
Firstly, you are not sure of the exact date of unprotected intercourse.
Moreover, the failure of the calculation of the safe period method is 25 %, sometimes more.
The days of ovulation per cycle may vary.
Hence, yes, theoretically, there is definitely a possibility of pregnancy.
I urge you to go for a home urine ( HCG ) pregnancy test at the earliest to confirm pregnancy.
Moreover, please use a barrier method of contraception in future, as it is safe, and also prevents against sexually transmitted diseases.
All the best.