Missed period. Pregnancy test negative. Treated for typhoid. Can it affect menstrual cycle?

My wife s period not happen this time & we did sex a 1 and half week ago and did the pregnancy test but the result is negative...does it means that my wife is not pregnant. Few days back my wife suffering from typhoid and she was in under treatment so it can be possible that my wife menstrual cycle impacted with this please Doctor let me know the reason my wife period still not started but the test is negative..we both really in tension because we both now need a baby..please help us to resolve our query
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012