Missed period. Done urine test. Prescribed Folinal. Use of the medicine?

Hi Doctor, I am Mrs. V. Lavanya, and I missed my period in last month i.e. 19.10.2012, and I am waited for period upto 08.11.2012 but i didn t get. So i went for check up to the near by doctor. She scanned me and She checked me and she checked my urine test also. She conformed me to nothing is there and I am not a pregnant. And she wrote a medicine i.e. FOLINAL PLUS for 15 days {one tablet i need to take in the morning time after breakfast}. And she advised me to after using this tablet if i didn t get my period means again she asked me to come for check up but if i get period means no need to come for check up . Actually what question i am asking is what is the use of this tablet and how it will work for getting pregnant either getting period. please clear my doubt.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012