Missed birth control pills, started bleeding dark brown, then bright red. Miscarriage or Pregnant ?

im on birth control , ive missed my time a few days, but always take the pill . about a week ago i started bleeding really dark brown blood, then about 4 days ago i started bleeding bright red blood. today i noticed some clotting and ive been going through a tampon in an hour. ive been having unprotected sex. could this mean im miscarrying or could i be pregnant? i started birth control the first of this month.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012