Missed birth control pills. Getting light periods, started going to gym. What could be the problem?

i changed my brand of birth control pill last month, and i actually forgot to take 3 pills for 3 straight days as i was so busy. i took the pill again on the 4th day, but a few days after that, i started to get a light period . at first it was brownish, as if my period was about to stop, then it got pink. and the light period still hasnt gone away, im still getting them, and im on my 6th day now. what seems to be the problem? also for the past 2weeks, ive recently been going to the gym .
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012