Miscarriages, ovarian cysts, bacterial vaginitis. What does Ultrasounds say?

52 yr , no children or miscarriages  Date of last period approx  9 months ago  I have a history of ovarian cyst , bacterial vaginitis , which many times turned into PID. I was always treated with only one drug for the PID (metronitazole) later finding out that I should have been given a two antibiotics. My periods were very heavy every other month prior to menopause . I have almost always had abdominal pain sometimes so sever I thought I may need to go to emergency room. I never had surgery and prior to four months ago had only had one ultrasound 7 yrs ago and had ovarian cyst.  I have had 3 sonograms in the last 4 months, as part of diagnosing my LL abdominal pain. The first came showing my endomentrial strip was to large for post menopausal (which I wasn t yet) of 8mm.  Week later Ct that showed questionable right ovarian cyst.  Month later vaginal ultrasound that showed endometrial strip was 6.5 mm and that I had two small simple cyst 2 small fibroids and TOA with echogenic debris measuring 4.2x2.7x4.6 cm.  All this on right side.   Two months later still after Ct, colonospony, etc Its determined my pain is caused by my back problems radiating which I didnt believe. Didnt feel that way. I have another vaginal ultrasound done at another doctor and it doesnt show TOA at all, it shows the 2 right ovarian cyst have shrank by about a third and so have the fibroids that my strip is 6mm now but and I will quote: 1) the examination is abnormal. The endometrium is thickened. There is lucency within the endometrium. The patient is post menopausal. Further evaluation by MRI of pelvis is recommended.  2) there is a complex ovarian cyst of the left side present containing a thin septation . It measures approx 5cm in size. There is septation and interna echos present. No vascularity. No mural nodule. The  patient is postmenapausal furthur evaluation of this cystic mass with an MRI with and without contrast is advised. My questions are : This cystic mass is were my pain has been, why wasnt it noticed before? Is it possible since they didnt mention the TOA in this vag sonogram because what they are referencing is the TOA and not a cyst and that the TOA has always been on left side and the other tech wrote it wrong and it was on left side ? Also they keep referring to abnormalities as Im post menopausal but really Im not as it has not been 1 year without a period? I do not understand what all the reading means from the last ultrasound within quotes could you explain?  Sorry so long but Im terrified I have ovarian cancer .
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012