Mirena coil fitted in between period cycles, unprotected sex. Emergency contraceptive required?

Hi there, I had a mirena coil fitted yesterday morning. I finished my period at the end of august and I m mid way through my cycle. The doctor told me I was protected straight away. I had sex with my partner last night however I m a bit worried that I m not protected now as some websites say I m only protected if it s fitted during my period. Is this correct? And do I need emergency contraception? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  39 Awaiting Answer