Minimal communication, depressed, fear ridden, insecurity. How can the situation be changed?

Hey Doc, Hi ! I've just made a girlfriend :) but she has a problem.. previously she had a boyfriend , used to overrule her. He has completely changed her life. He always dominated on her..always told her "don't wear this--don't do that--don't go there ..blah blah blah.." :( Its like..In 1st year of our graduation she was charming, jolly-mind and ever smiling type :P but after spending 3 years with her boyfriend, she has changed herself completely. she has stopped chatting enormously, stopped enjoying every moment with me and with her friends( i was, and i am her best friend) Now she has started looking things in a weird way. In fact , she has made her life so Sad that I feel the pain of her grief . Now after she has broke with her boyfriend, she is with me. I want her to be like she previously was. I want her face smiling every time, every second . I want to erase all bad memories from her mind . I want to start a new life with her BUT some of her feelings come back and ruins our present :'( this sucks !! Now I use to spend more of my time with her to let her in comfort but she still feel sort of 'unprotected' and 'frightened'. I love her so much and don't want her to live in such a miserable condition. Please suggest something that will improve our love relationship and bring her life back :)
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013