Minimal bleeding, period is due, taking birth control. Had salpingectomy due to ruptured ectopic pregnancy

Hello, I had a right salpingectomy due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in May. I began taking birth control about a month after and had a normal menstrual cycle last month. I felt cramping and the flow was heavy to normal. My period is currently due, and I noticed very slight bleeding last night and expected it to increase as usual, but it continues to be very minimal, almost nothing. I am wondering if this is what I can expect going forward, will my cycles alternate and show different symptoms every other month? Thank you so much for your help!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012