Milk spots around both eyelids. How long do they take to go ?

hello, i have milk spots around my lower eyelid and some on my upper eyelid, i know they are not harmless, and have read that they go away by themselves, but mine have been there for years, and if anything are increasing in number. How long usually do they take to go, and is there anything i can do to speed up the process? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome HCM portal,
if you mean xanthelesma,then these spots are due to cholesterol deposition and they do not respond to any tt,and to get rid of them you have to have them surgically removed.Even then they reappear after few years.