Mild tooth discomfort, swelling, pus busted out, yellow, terrible taste. Can it be treated?

I have been having mild tooth discomfort for a while behind my right back molar but this morning i woke up in a lot of pain. i felt like my gum was so swollen that it was about to cover up my back tooth. I gargled salt water and took some Tylenol and a little bit later a pocket of fluid like pus busted. It was yellow and tasted terrible. If i had an a gum abscess and the pocket of fluid busted do i still need to see a dentist or did the problem fix itself?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013