Mild thigh pain, aggravates at night, increases on sleeping side ways. No improvement with physiotherapy exercises. Advice?

I am getting mild pain in my right thigh , on the back just above hip and also upto the knee . This pain increases by the night. It is also noticed that the pain is getting increased while standing for more time , after walking for some distance and also during bus journey for a longer period say more than two hours. Sometimes, while sleeping also am getting pain and it will be more when turned right side. There will not be much pain when sleeping on back. Immediately after getting up from the bed also am not feeling much pain. But, it increases thereafter. While sitting also am not feeling much pain. I am getting this pain for the last three years. I was in the impression that the pain is due to problem with the bones and consulted an Orthopedist who suggested some physiotherapy exercises which did not result much and the pain is continuing. May i get an advice on the nature of treatment required in my case.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012