Mild swelling on the knee, difficulty in walking. Had popped the knee on bending the leg. What must have happened to the leg?

Hi, I was at MMA (mixed martial arts) last night and I was trying to submit my opponent with my legs. I bent my right leg in too far i guess and I heard a pop on the outside of my knee . It was only slight pain at the moment. I could walk fine ect. Until this morning. When I woke up their is little swelling on the outside of the knee. But it hurts if I try to move my leg or walk. My doctor is closed on Fridays. What do you suggest I do and what to you believe happened to my leg? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having knee injury ( there can be a ligament damage or meniscus injury) it can be confirmed after showing to a orthopaedic surgeon andMRI. If MRI shows any injury then treatment can be done accordingly. Till that time you should not do any exercises, and all gym has to be stopped, apply ice to knee and also compression bandage.