Mild swelling in the eye, little pain, put ice, no relief. What could this be?

I woke up from a nap yesterday and it felt like my eye was punched and i had mild swelling . It does not hurt to blink or move my eye its just tender. I then woke up this morning with more swelling in my eye but very little pain. I put ice on it and it did relieve the swelling a lot. Do you think a bug had bit it or i have an infection?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Hi, Amberc,,
Thanks for query.
it seems that there is some foreign body fell in the eye or some insect bit in the eye giving rise to this problem.
Wash your eye with plain cold water and put some antibiotic drops.
Take antihistamine like tab Cetrizine as and when required.
Ok and bye.