Mild stinging in penis only on standing, slight burning sensation on urinating. Causes for symptoms?

i have a mild stinging feeling in my penis , typically only while standing. sitting or laying down seems to be fine. there is some slight burning feeling when i urinate but it might just be in my head. there is no discharge but there has been some discolouration around the base of my penis. what do you think this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry too much. The stinging or burning pain in your penis on standing could just be due to some mild inflammation in the urethra. Climate and lack of water could cause this. Therefore, drink plenty of water and see for a day. If still problem persists, see a physician.

The discoloration may have nothing to do with the burning until there is direct burning or itching at the area of discoloration.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.