Mild sore throat, swelling in left tonsil, ear pain, neck stiffness. Taking azithromycin. Treatment?

Hello Dr. I have had a sore throat (mild) on the left side only. I think my left tonsil is swollen. The first week it was accompanied by ear pain. I went to the ER and was prescribed azithromycin for 5 days. Since completion of azithromycin my left tonsil/throat is still sore when swallowing and my left ear feels plugged. My neck gets stiff and sore only on the left side and i will occasionally still get slight ear pain. Symptoms are more apparent at the end of the day.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012