Mild pneumonia, cough, yellow sputum. Taking amoxicillin, prescribed azithromycin. Treatment?

hello, my nine year old son is diagnosed with mild pneumonia after being on amoxicillin for eight days. he has cough productive with little quantity of yellow sputum ,no fever but cough is very serious ,I also nebulized him with albuterol and started him on low dose prednisolone 15mg bid . a doctor friend prescribed azithromycin. what is the proper dosage regimen to follow for him? please advice as I dont HAVE INSURANCE SO its very difficult for us. thank you
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012