Mild pneumonia. Had persistent fever and sore throat. Tests seem confusing. What can help?

My 11 week old daughter has had at least 2 low grade fevers a day for the last 17 days. She has no coughing, but was originally diagnosed with a mild case of pneumonia after a chest xray . (xrays and blood labs and cultures were ordered after my second visit and a week of persistent fevers) all blood cultures and urine cultures were normal and there was no elevation in her blood count. She also was swabbed for RSV and that also came back negative. Her pediatrician prescribed amoxicillin (4ml twice a day) after a week of antibiotics and the continual fevers the doctor had all of the tests repeated with the same outcome, except that the her urine now showed a slight growth of bacteria . The doctor said that the bacteria is susceptible to the antibiotics that she has been on, but that the dose needed to be higher. So now she is on the amoxicillin (6ml twice a day) and received 2 intramuscular shots of antibiotics, she started the higher dose of medication 3 days ago, but has been on the meds a total of 10 days and is still getting the fevers, she is eating fine and has no other symptoms aside from fussiness with the fever. In the second round of tests they also tested for mono, she tested negative for a current infection but tested positive for a past infection. They were puzzled because of her only being 11 weeks old and the only explanation is that she may be getting a false positive from me, and that if I have ever tested positive for mono (I never have and had persistent sore throats and was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer when I was 19 so I had plenty of testing done before my final diagnosis) that for her first 6 months of life she could receive this false positive from my pregnancy with her.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012