Mild pain in upper left rib wile taking deep breath, got dizzy. Having heavy periods with headaches and cramps. Is it related ?

I have a mild pain in my upper left rib but when I take a deep breath it hurts a little worse. Then all of a sudden I got real dizzy and it almost felt like I was going to black out because I could barely see for a few seconds. I was sitting down and flew off the couch because it scared me. I also have a heavy period right now which I haven t had before with a few headaches and bad cramps . could that be the cause? It really scared me!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
The feeling of dizziness, headaches and cramps are likely to be related to the heavy bleeding that you are having. The pain below the ribs could be a referred pain. Do start taking iron supplements and see if it improves.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal