Mild pain and swelling in right side of the throat, CT shows extra cartilage. Difficulty chewing food. Suggestions ?

Gud Afternoon Sir/madam, Im from Darjeeling,India.My Query is that my father aged 52, has been suffering from mild pain and swelling in the right side of the throat . He is having this problem since three years now, Initially,we had consulted an ENT specialist in Siliguri.After CT scan report Doctor thre informed that that this is one of the rare case in the medical history and told that my father s right portion of the throat showed an extra formation of bone like cartilage .They also informed that he has to go through opertion to remove the bone and also told that if the patient can tolerate the pain it is nt compulsary to operate it..since this is not any kind of CA. So till now my father only took medicine and did not go through any surgery. it is now that my father is having difficulties in chewing food and even doing any kind of physical work.Finally w have decided to go through surgery,but also cautious since we need to find the right Doctor who could handle the case very seriously and carefully..because......!!Please help me or suggest me to know the right ENT Doctor.Please reply me ASAP.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Thanks for your query and uhderstand ur concern. You have not mentioned which cartilage the doctor said is involved. Now i don know how many days have passed since the CT its better to repeat the CT and compare the progress of the disease in respect with the previous CT. Thiswill help to take the decision regarding the surgery.