Mild neck pain causing shoulder and upper back pain, minor headaches. Cause and remedy?

For the past month I have been have experiencing mild neck pain which sometimes causes my shoulders to hurt as well as my upper back. At night it is very hard to sleep because my neck feels uncomfortable at any position I lay it in. It is the right side of my neck and there is a bruise like pain that trails up the side of my spine all the way to the back, bottom, right side of my skull . It is hard to move my neck without it dwelling uncomfortable. I have been getting minor headaches a lot lately and I think it may be from the neck pain. Today I noticed when my head is turned all the way towards the c), as I turn my head straight forward again it feels as if something quickly rubs together(kind of like someone who hits shoulders with someone else when passing by
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013