Mild lumbar disc disease. Having intense neck, low back pain, tingling and numbness in arms, muscle pain on light workout. Cause?

I ve been diagnosed with lumbar disc disease but doctors say my bulging disc are not severe so I should not be exp this much pain. I have neck , low back pain and my arms tingle and go numb whenever I sleep and sometimes when I m awake. I been exp this over a year but it s finally being addressed by doctors but they cover the problem with pain meds. I went for running 15 miles a week. Full court basketball daily and now I can run bat 3 min on a treadmill and speed 2. I ve always enjoyed the sun and now my muscle ache and get tired in the sun. What could this be? Who should I see. Been to pain specialist and getting epidural July 7.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012