Mild hypothyroid, prescribed Armour thyroid. Is it the best natural option?

Hi Doc. I was diagnosed with a mild case of hypothyroidism today and my doctor didn t really seem interested in telling me tips to contain it, foods to avoid, supplements to take, options of prescriptions. She just wrote a prescription for Armour Thyroid insisting the natural route is better. Is this true? And if so, is Armour Thyroid really the best natural option? I ve read quite a few reviews saying it worsened their side effects especially since it was recalled and reformulated. Do you know any details on the medicine since my doctor failed to inform me....also I m wondering if 1. me taking vyvanse could have potentially caused my hypothyroidism and 2. is it safe to take a thyroid medicine and my vyvanse (50 mg) together? Any knowledgeable answers are appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012