Mild headache, fever, loss of appetite, white spots on the throat. Diagnosed with strep throat. Advise?

My granddaughter has had a mild headache, fever, loss of appetite for a week. The doctor at the clinic diagnosed her with strep throat. She does not complain about a sore throat, but there were a couple of white spots on the back of her throat. she was positive for strep throat. She has been on 1600mg of amoxicillin per day for five days. She still has slight fever and headache. I'm concerned about having a headache for so long. Please advise. She is almost five years old.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013