Mild darkness under eye and cheek bone, dryness. What can reduce the darkness?

Hi, I started observing mild darkness under my eye and upper cheek bone. It very well noticable, like to know as what might the cause for it. usually my skin is dry, some times it become so dry and dark and a layer of it keeps peeling out. I have used lot of creams and also visited various demotologies, but nothing had worked out for me. Can you pls suggest as what will be the best way to reduce dryness in my skin and darkness on my cheek.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013