Mild bleeding in early pregnancy. Not able to see the sac and the fetus. Suggested to check the hcg levels. Miscarriage?

I went to my obgyn yesterday and he said the sac and baby weren t growing like they should be. I m 10w5d and he sent me to the hospital to test my hcg levels. Today I began bleeding a little bit of brown and in the brown blood were stringy bits of brown tissue , they were very small, but I m still worried. I have had no red bleeding and I m not cramping, but is this a sign of miscarriage? Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012