Mild bleeding from the ear after getting poked with an ear bud. No fever or ear pain. Should I be worried?

Hi Dr. Bhatti, Yesterday, while trying to clean my son s ears with a cotton swab, he made a sudden move, and I believe the cotton swab went a little bit deeper that it should have, as there was a little bit of blood (one-two drops) coming out. The thing is he was always comfortable to have his ears cleared with cotton swabs and it just happen yesterday to be a little cranky and make that sudden move. He cried a little bit after but he has been fine ever since, in the sense he does not complain of ear pain (I am asking him almost all the time), has no fever nor hearing loss ( we whisper words at him and he can hear the words perfectly), and he s very alert and active. This morning after he woke up I noticed some wax tinged with dry blood coming out of his ear and I just want to find out if this is ok and if there s anything else I must be aware of in this situation. Your advice in this matter is highly appreciated
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012