Mild asthmatic patient. Sweating profusely, stiffness in body. Is it due to over exercise?

My husband just woke up from his sleep when he felt he was sweating profulely (though, its nice breezy out here). I gave him two glasses of water to drink but as he tried to get up he felt that his whole body was stiff. For some seconds or about a minute he couldn t get up. Slowly his sweating stopped but he is still feeling uneasy. He is mildly asthamatic and also have been over exterting himself in badminton and cycling over last week. What should I give him now. Is thr something to worry about.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012